jueves, 2 de mayo de 2013

READING - Dave's life



Dave’s life

Hi! My name is Dave. I’m from England. I’m 12 years old and I’m in Year 8. My birthday is in December. I’ve got one brother and one sister. My sister is Linda and she’s eight years old. My brother is John and he’s 14 years old. My mother is Katie. Her parents are from Russia. My father is Jacques. His parents are from France.
My parents and I have got a postcard collection. We’ve got English, French, Russian and Spanish postcards. We haven’t got any postcards from China. Have you got a Chinese postcard? My sister Linda hasn’t got a postcard collection.
Thanks,
Dave

Exercises

1.    Read the story and complete the table with the verbs.

Present Simple



Infinitive



Meaning

















2.    Look up the meaning of the words in Blue and complete the table. Are they adjectives or nouns?

England

Country- noun










3.    Read the text again and answer the following questions.

1.    What nationality is Dave?
                                                                                              
       2.  How old is he?
                                                                                              
       3.  How old is his sister?
                                                                                              
       4.  Where are his grandparents from?
                                                                                              
       5.  What countries have they got postcards from?
                                                                                              


3 comentarios:

  1. Hello Hector,
    good colourful blog with a great variety of activities, and getting the students to focus on specific areas. Just one little commen, the spelling of writing you have written it with two tts.
    Probably be in touch again soon
    Cheers
    Jeremy

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Good night Hector,

    congratulations for your blog and many thanks because you were one of the first in class to give us your link.

    The activity I like the most from your blog is the reading one. It fits perfectly with the contents of a primary student, it is simple, clear and pedagogically interesting.

    It can give you the opportunity to focus on the explanation of the different categories of words in a language which is something I have realised children do not know even in their native language.

    If you ask them sometimes what a infinitive is or even a verb they do have problems to anwers. That is why I think your activity can be a starting point for following lessons about this particular topic.

    Reyes Quintela

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Hector,

    I liked the blog you've made because it's easy to see and also your chosen topics are very motivating for children; songs, birthday, animals. congratulations for the blog.

    Regards

    Isabel

    ResponderEliminar